View Single Post
divine1966
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2014
1,277 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 01, 2021 at 06:39 PM

I hear you. It’s not easy. Don’t get me started. It’s rough. I am sorry you deal with it. Does he have dementia?

My dad is same age. It’s hard to take care of elderly parents. Mine is still in ok shape and needs very little help but it won’t last forever and he is so stubborn he probably won’t even move in with me or my bro so we’d have to drive back and forth. Mine is also very difficult, he is quiet but still a pain. Now he all of a sudden refuses to let us clean his house. But it’s becoming unsanitary. So I try to do it when he is distracted. I manage what I can before he wises up and starts arguing.

Makes me think of people who don’t take care of their elderly parents but complain how other people don’t clean that well after their elderly parents or don’t do this or that. Must be nice judging doing nothing seating on the bleachers! You do what you can!

I commend you for taking him in but oh boy it’s insanity. Buying old car and yelling banging on doors omg I am sorry. The only suggestion I have is taking breaks from dealing with him. As long as dad isn’t in danger, put headphones on and close your door and take a break. But it’s just too hard. Hopefully he gets tired and goes takes a nap
divine1966 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
RoxanneToto, TunedOut, Werewoman

Thanks for this!
Werewoman