View Single Post
Werewoman
Poohbah

Member Since May 2014
1,217 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Trig May 02, 2021 at 10:07 AM

I used to think it was. I have TRD or treatment resistant depression. For decades I searched for answers. Here's what works for me.

I have a L.M.H.C. or licensed mental health counselor. A psychologist is great for some issues, like marriage counseling, but not for treating mental illness, imo.
A good psychiatrist is necessary. My latest one that I've been seeing for about 10 years now explained to me early on that finding the right combination of meds and therapy was going to be trial and error.
I now take Viibryd (major depressive disorder), Wellbutrin (dopamine re-uptake prohibitor), Buspar (anxiety), lithium (mood stabilizer), and once every four weeks I go to a clinic for a ketamine infusion (TRD).

The "vibrating devices" you describe are for a trauma treatment called EMDR or eye movement desensitization and reprocessing. I did it for years and it really helped my PTSD. Just make sure to verify the therapist using it is certified. Some are not, but it's easy to check on the internet.

I don't know how old you are, or where you are in your healing process but I know that before I began treatment with ketamine, I was hopelessly suicidal and walking around with a death wish just waiting to die so the pain would stop.

I'm better now than I've been in YEARS.

WW

You're only given one little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. ~ Robin Williams

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage? ~ Pink Floyd
Werewoman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote