View Single Post
Skeezyks
Disreputable Old Troll

Member Since Oct 2015
17.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 02, 2021 at 01:32 PM

There are a couple of small forums I visit that target particular interests of mine. They are well run forums with supportive memberships. But they're privately owned. And there's a constant drumbeat for donations. Sometimes they achieve their monthly donation goals. But often it seems they don't. So I always wonder just how long they'll be able to keep going, although it does appear they seem to keep moving along... at least so far.

I used to be very active here when the forums were still a part of Psych Central. But, since the changeover, I seem to find less-&-less that is of interest or that I feel I have anything useful to contribute to. Occasionally I'll rip through the Games forum. But I can only do that once in a while. Otherwise it becomes simply a bore.

One thing I have noticed, with these other forums I mentioned, is that on each one there seems to be a core membership who've been on the forum for a long time & have gotten to know each other well. It can be very tough to break into that circle & become anything beyond "just another newbie".

Last edited by Skeezyks; May 02, 2021 at 01:47 PM..
Skeezyks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*, Fuzzybear, Turtle_Rider

Thanks for this!
*Beth*, Travelinglady, WastingAsparagus