View Single Post
poshgirl
Veteran Member

Member Since Sep 2018
229 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 02, 2021 at 03:48 PM

Werewoman, please excuse me if I'm going to sound blunt. It's based solely on how I feel at the moment. As children we expect to have the correct guidance from parents, but dare I say, we do not deserve our parents behaving badly. As we become adults, that unacceptable behaviour is more noticeable.

Putting aside those people actually diagnosed with dementia or displaying signs of it, there are others like your father and my mother who feel they have a right to behave in this way. I do not live with my mother, thankfully.

My mother does not shout, instead she constantly brings up the same subject each time I see her. This can go on for months, then all's quiet before she finds something else to "pick away" at. Each time a subject is raised, it makes no difference if I repeat the same response. Then it's time for tears. It's almost like she's trying to wear me down to change my stance. Every time she's raised the latest subject, I've walked out (a family rift not caused by me, but for which she says I should apologise for the sake of her health).

The advice given to go out, if only for a few hours, is sound. I did this a couple of weeks ago and it really helped. Have caught up on jobs around house and garden. Covid and lockdowns haven't helped and I can understand frustrations generated. Stay strong and rise above it. It's tough but you're not alone
poshgirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Discombobulated, Werewoman

Thanks for this!
Werewoman