View Single Post
Have Hope
Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,628 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 03, 2021 at 05:41 AM

There's one account manager in my job who is irking me. She's very young and is no more than 24 years old. I am 50 years old. But so far, she is very bossy with me, she talks over me in our 1:1 phone calls, and she is giving me directions when I am more senior to her and I DO in fact know what I am doing even though I am in a learning position for a couple of our accounts. Ultimately, her behavior is disrespectful towards me, and I think it's because I am new to these accounts, and she wants to throw her weight around with an attitude of superiority. In my previous tenure in this company, no account manager ever told me how to do my work, but she does.

I have to figure out how to handle her. If the behavior continues, I will address it, but very professionally and diplomatically. How do I say it to her though, and how best to confront this without ruffling her feathers and creating a conflict?

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote