View Single Post
Anonymous41462

Default May 03, 2021 at 09:40 AM

@NatalieJastrow:

Welcome to the overeating/binge-eating forum! Glad to have you participating!

I have a slow metabolism too. It's worse now that i'm in menopause (54). Hard to get that scale to budge. I'm attempting to rejuvenate it with exercise but i am so weak from a Winter of depression (bipolar) and COVID inertia that i am so weak walking is all i can manage. Luckily i have a darling neighbor who walks regularly so we go every morning with our dogs on whom we both dote. I'm not able to speak much as i breathe so hard, my enormous belly is pressing on my diaphragm, i think, so i am short-of-breath especially when we tackle one hill on our route.

I guess with inflammation you are probably very cautious about exercise. It's a hard position to be in, yours. I guess just do the best you can. I'm skeptical of keto and intermittent fasting myself but i am suspicious of all diet fads. I'm certainly no example at 5'3" and 250 pounds, but i just do a calorie-reduced diet according to The Canada Food Guide, which can be found online. My doctor recommends this approach. It's very heavy on the vegetables and quite easy to follow and makes good sense to me. We've agreed that 1200 cals a day is a good amount for me.

Ta!

Jane.

Reply With QuoteReply With Quote