NatalieJastrow
Veteran Member

Member Since Aug 2020
261 hugs
given
Default May 03, 2021 at 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatever2013 View Post
I'm skeptical of keto and intermittent fasting myself but i am suspicious of all diet fads.:
Both are not fads.

Keto was used extensively in the early 1900s for people with Epilepsy and all were fine. Fasting has been used for millions of years (and now) for various religions. You should look into them - Imagine if it was the key to weight loss.

But both say you shouldn't eat too little calories... which I was doing. I had the same thing happen to me when I did a calorie restricted diet. I was medically supervised but my doctor would NOT HEAR of the idea that the diet could cause inflammation or increase in cholesterol. She also wouldn't hear of it when I got to a place where I was stuck well before goal.

I have decided to take Tumeric to tamp down the inflammation. See what happens. I have actually lost 40 lbs since December doing ADF (with breaks). I have 30 more lbs to go for "normal weight".

What I liked about fasting was I could make mistakes. Right now calorie restriction can be so tricky. If you get the wrong calories or eat too much low a low metabolism you can not lose or gain. But with something like fasting, who cares what you eat during the week if you are going to just not eat anything on your fasting day... that is likely to really drop calories and cure any errors of when you are eating.
NatalieJastrow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote