View Single Post
rechu
Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
1,040 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 03, 2021 at 12:51 PM

Here AZ is 55 and up for women and 18+ for men since the clots seem to be an issue for women. That means that it's pretty much only going to be used for men, since most people over 55 have already been vaccinated.

My husband and I took a week off from work last week. We are still locked down, so we didn't get to do much. At least this time the plant nurseries are allowed to operate in lockdown and we were able to buy and plant some bushes for the front yard. They are supposed to grow fast, to we hope they will provide some shade by next summer. We also did a few other projects around the house, like painting, and disconnected from the computer.

The high rent district of Santiago was let of lockdown but not most other areas of our region. Honestly, my area is over 300 active cases, so they are not going to free things up at that rate. Anyways, now that the rich and powerful move out of lockdown, they will forget about other areas like mine even if they do improve. We are doing better with the pace of vaccinations than the national average. A friend who lives in another region said that cases never went down there, but after 8 weeks they were quietly moved to phase 2 without any explanation as to why. We are at 6 weeks and 2 days. I'd like to get my hopes up for something like that, but the Health Undersecretary has said in the past that there is a higher standard set for the Metropolitan Region.

Even with the lockdowns and the fast rate of vaccinations (this week first doses correspond to healthy people in their early 40s), active cases only went down 6% between two weeks ago and the past week. Deaths went up 4%. So, we still are making almost no progress. I don't know when we will see the supposed impact of Sinocrap on deaths. They keep moving the goalposts.

All I know is that if it's a few weeks past when I get my second dose (I go on May 12th) and I am still locked down, I am going to be pretty pissed off. There is talk that the Health Ministry is working on a plan that would eventually allow more freedom for people who are fully vaccinated. I have no idea when that will take effect, though.

Hugs from:
AzulOscuro, BreakForTheLight, Discombobulated

Thanks for this!
Discombobulated