View Single Post
Victoria'smom
Legendary

Member Since Apr 2012
5,439 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 03, 2021 at 10:02 PM

My husband gave me an ultimatum when my son was 3. Either I make an appointment with my primary care dr and am honest with him or he leaves with my son. That lead to a 14 year trip to get me stable. I told him if he ever had me hospitalized I WILL divorce him I was so scared of the hospital, therapists, and psychiatrists.

The Dr miss dx'd me and I had adverse affects of being only on a antidepressant. So when I was up we went to a different dr. He put me on a mood stabilizer and I crashed again. by that point I didn't care what was done so they got me into a pdoc. I went through tons of med changes and different pdocs. Then I had an episode that here convinced me to go to the ER and I was admitted. 3 days later discharged as stable. I had to go back 1 more time.

My pdoc asked me to consiter my quality of life when considering medications. Which at the start I was against and still struggle with. My pdoc formally fired my husband from being in my treatment team. His only job was to tell me to call my team or tell his team (because by then he had a treatment team too.) My therapists have to prove they're not working against me.

So I formally FIRE YOU from his treatment team. Your a good wife but not equipped to handle this. I suggest you get your own therapist. Tell him you are quitting and he needs a real treatment team. Possibly give him an ultimatum BUT if he ever threatens to hurt himself you have to call someone. Let him know that's a new rule in the house.

Daughter- mood disorder+

Comfortable broken and happy

"So I don't know why I'm tongue tied At the wrong time when I need this."- P!nk
My blog
Victoria'smom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote