Quietmind 2
Poohbah

Member Since Jan 2020
8 hugs
given
Default May 04, 2021 at 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonesomeTonight View Post
Ugh. Do you know if the vaccinated healthcare professional ended up getting serious illness from it or if it was just that they tested positive? Though it sounds like they then spread it...

I know they've said there will naturally be some "breakthrough" infections in fully vaccinated people, because the vaccine isn't 100% effective, but so far, the numbers they're showing for that have been extremely low. Like much lower than they would have expected.

Do you know how much longer you'll have to wait to be eligible for the vaccine?

ETA: It occurs to me that you're likely getting different vaccines in your country--I was referring to data on breakthrough infections with Pfizer or Moderna (I'm not sure enough have been vaccinated here with Johnson & Johnson yet to have those data).
The healthcare person was vaccinated with Pfizer, and they spread it as they worked inpatient.

Then an elderly person (eligible for vaccination but not compulsory) didn't see a doctor (we have a wide network of clinics where you MUST go to if you have signs of covid) and went to the hospital for something unrelated and spread it too.

We're using Pfizer, Mordena, more in the future as available.

I just checked, I should be able to apply to get vaccinated around June!

Hugs from:
LonesomeTonight, SlumberKitty, unaluna

Thanks for this!
LonesomeTonight, unaluna, WarmFuzzySocks