Always in This Twilight

Member Since Feb 2015
75k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 04, 2021 at 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quietmind 2 View Post
Hugs. The clinic asked if I wanted my specific pdoc or "any pdoc", but I've huge trust issues and the clinic is a real mixed bag. Plus some of my psych stuff mean no other public health hospital will take me for psych issues. It's silly but an unexpected benefit is my psych records are blocked from them (despite the national EHR) if I go in for physical health.

Wasn't keen on a stranger pdoc seeing my records even at the same clinic, not when there's dissociative disorders on it. And my specific pdoc is actually good (unlike my 1st one years ago), so I opted for a longer wait.

I can understand that concern about just seeing a random pdoc who doesn't know your history. The last thing you'd want is someone messing around with your meds who doesn't know you.

That's interesting that psych records can be blocked there. I'm not sure what the system is here, if there's an option for that? I mean, my pdoc isn't linked with the other records I have, but if I went to the ER for psych issues, it would presumably end up on there.

Hugs from:
SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
Quietmind 2