Quietmind 2
Poohbah

Member Since Jan 2020
8 hugs
given
Default May 04, 2021 at 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonesomeTonight View Post
Oh, I see. And ugh, that's a mess. We have a lot of guidelines here about being screened for possible COVID before going to a doctor's office or ER. Like when I saw my gynecologist last week, I had to fill out a sort of checklist saying I hadn't had symptoms, hadn't had any known exposures, etc., then get the "COVID pass" at the end of it. When I saw my regular doctor a couple months ago, they also checked my temperature at the door before letting me in (though I've read temperature checks don't really mean much). But I imagine people could just lie on those screening questionnaires if they wanted.

With my D's school, we're supposed to keep her home if she has one symptom in a list of fever, cough, and...something else, or two symptoms in this other list. And if they show certain symptoms at school, a parent/guardian is required to pick them up within an hour. When she had the stomach bug last week, because that can potentially be a sign of COVID, we got her tested (she was negative) just to be safe. However, I worry that other parents won't be as careful.

ETA: And June's not too far away!
We've very similar screenings and temperature checks but some people just lie I guess? Even though you can be fined for say, not wearing a mask, hanging out in a large group some people seriously didn't care and went ahead. Just paid the hefty fines. I get that people are tired of covid etc but grrrrrrr...

When I had my appointment to get my wisdom teeth stitches out at the dental hospital, I straight up said I haven't been exposed, had been at home the last week straight due to the surgery, and that my fever is probably due to the surgery as I had no other symptoms.

We're probably going to tighten restrictions again as we're having yet another wave of imported and community cases.

Hugs from:
LonesomeTonight, SlumberKitty, unaluna

Thanks for this!
unaluna