Quietmind 2
Poohbah

Member Since Jan 2020
8 hugs
given
Default May 04, 2021 at 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonesomeTonight View Post
I can understand that concern about just seeing a random pdoc who doesn't know your history. The last thing you'd want is someone messing around with your meds who doesn't know you.

That's interesting that psych records can be blocked there. I'm not sure what the system is here, if there's an option for that? I mean, my pdoc isn't linked with the other records I have, but if I went to the ER for psych issues, it would presumably end up on there.
Hmm, I'm thinking since you're in the USA, it might depend on your state?

I didn't do Healthcare IT but one of my old jobs involved a similar system. The more locations and users, the harder it is, apparently. Even if you have millions in your budget.

I spent a couple of years (after my 1st psychiatrist) where a GP did my med management, and he hated updating the national system, although he was obligated to do so. He basically constantly complained how slow it was, and I don't think it was purely poor network connection in his little clinic. If he could avoid it, he wouldn't update the national system. I found out when I decided I needed a psychiatrist again because my current one remarked on the missing years and dosages in my records. [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Hugs from:
SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
LonesomeTonight