Veteran Member

Member Since Sep 2011
2,547 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 04, 2021 at 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soupe du jour View Post
buddah1too, it's starting to be a long time that you've felt unwell. I agree with BethRags that it is a shame that your psychiatrist treated you as they did. Unless I'm remembering wrong, haven't you been sober for quite a while now? I think it is unfair that your doctor would question that. You have bipolar disorder. Sometimes psychiatrists get overly obsessed with addiction. I know that well. It took me a while in order to get some providers to realize that that wasn't my main issue anymore, not that it was my CORE issue in the past, either. Would you consider contacting your pdoc's office to let them know your bipolar wasn't sufficiently addressed?
Things have reached that point -- I kind of feel like I'm crawling out of my own skin right now. I've been sober almost 20 years, so it blew me out of the water when he suggested drinking might be an issue. I have APs & ADs available, but my pdoc can't seem to give me any advice as to what to do. Things have gone off the rails where my relationship with him has gone. Finding another pdoc in this market is out of the question, too.

Hugs from:
*Beth*, Innerzone, Nammu, Soupe du jour, ~Christina