View Single Post
Open Eyes
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2011
21.3k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Unhappy May 04, 2021 at 12:04 PM

@AzulOscuro I respect your effort to try very hard to interact in English when it’s not the language you normally speak. I think you try very hard and tbh I don’t think I would do all that well if I was trying to interact in your language.

We can’t just expect other people to navigate the way we need. People are all different and develop their own ways of navigating.

I struggle with ptsd and it can be extremely hard to manage. I have had to reach out for help and therapy and have had to do a lot of reading in an effort to understand it. I have shared and ongoing challenge with my older sister and I will say therapists have used the term toxic and disordered and narcissistic to describe the behaviors that have actually traumatized me. So I have probably used the word toxic myself from time to time. I had never used those labels before. I think that my therapist gave me those labels to help me see that her behaviors were bad because he noticed I was being treated badly and he wanted me see that instead of trying to empathize so much.

Now I can look back and realize that many of her behaviors were due to how she was actually stealing and did not want me to find out.

I have noticed how people do use the label toxic too much. And people also use the label narcissistic a lot too. More than one therapist used that term a lot as well. A lot of people have labeled her Evil and a witch and some words that won’t come up in print. Entitled is another word used a lot.

I do think it is important to pay attention to one’s own behaviors that may contribute to our challenges. People are complex and all our lives we will come across behaviors in others that can be a challenge to navigate around. It’s called learning to be self aware and seeing our own part when having challenges with others. Not everything that challenges us is external.

That’s what I noticed about my sister. She blames too much of her own issues on others. When someone is like that it’s often a waste of time to convince them otherwise. Therapists have told me that as well.
Open Eyes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
AzulOscuro

Thanks for this!
Discombobulated