Grand Magnate

Member Since Nov 2014
1,758 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 04, 2021 at 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rechu View Post
@BreakForTheLight - Oh no, that sounds like Sinovac's Coronavac under another name!

I just read that they will be giving out Pfizer at a more convenient location for me starting this week, so I should be able to go there next week for my second dose. It's likely to be less busy than the vaccination center downtown as well.

That's great about your plan to make your apartment into a jungle. We are mostly laying down stones and mulch in the front yard because it's hard to grow grass, but we want to add some more plants that can handle the strong summer sun too. I tried ordering from a place that delivered for the side yard, but a lot of them died. I don't know if it was my error or an issue with the plants. With lockdown last year, the nurseries were closed, but since things constantly change, they were open this time. I called to make sure, because I didn't want to waste a permit.

We did a lot of lazy TV watching over our days off. There's this program called Divina Comida (AzulOscuro, you may want to check it out on YouTube) that every episode brings together 4 famous people - politicians, actors, comedians, singers, etc. for four dinners. Each person has to cook a three course one night and they are graded by the other participants. One episode had the former Social Development Minister, who is a presidential candidate, participating. He had this lovely vegetable garden and a lot of his ingredients came from that. I grew a few veggies and herbs this year, but seeing that inspired me to do more next spring. I don't want to plant right into the ground. The soil is pretty rocky behind the house and the dogs may get into it. I saw these large planters and fell in love - Macetero Normal ! They are kind of expensive, though. I am so tempted to buy 4 and plant stuff like peppers, tomatoes, lettuce, etc.

Hmm. One for the "why am I not surprised" file. Two municipalities in our region were shifted out of lockdown to phase two. Both have more active cases now than before they were locked down, but still were allowed to move to a less restricted phase. I really suspect that there are some sort of political motivations or other considerations driving these decisions rather than public health.

Well, I am looking at other large planters and the prices for those pretty wood ones are in the same price range. I may need to do it! The manufacturer is in Santa Cruz, which isn't all that far a drive. Maybe when things open up, we can take a drive to pick them up in person.

I know which program you are referring to. I used to watch it often, I even watched the Chilean version. But, not with famous people. Look, it ending up being pretty addictive.
Divina comida! Just now, I don’t think it will a good idea for me since I’m trying to lose the kilos I put along the ****ing lockdown. lol!

Mankind is complex: Make deserts blossom and lakes die. ( GIL SCOTT-HERSON)

Hugs from:
rechu

Thanks for this!
rechu