Member Since Dec 2014
1,277 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 04, 2021 at 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TishaBuv View Post
[B]

I can always count on you to say something like this and make me laugh!

I once asked my h’s mom her secret to the long, happy marriage and she said she did everything he wanted.

There were plenty of decisions I had no hesitation to do. I have treated myself right when it came down to it. Have you ever seen the movie Defending Your Life? I love the scene where he spends his last dime to upgrade to first class!

I just have too much tug in several directions with this living situation. I’m extremely neurotic, and feel like who am I to demand what I think I want when he doesn’t want the same.

I’m glad you found a place you like. Another part of my hesitation is I look at listings for buy or rent and everything costs much more than what we have and isn’t half as nice. This has been the case for 25 years! We bought a house we thought we would eventually upgrade, then never did because everything was just much more expensive and not much nicer. If I could only pick up this house and place it down in another location...that would be great!

There was a nice home I thought I found where we want to go, seemed too good to be true. Then the agent disclosed to me it’s just over a train station and the train honks the horn every several minutes all day and night and you hear it!
Honking trains! I used to live by an airport AND railroad, it was small local one and small train station but you could always hear it. Either plane landing or train honking hahah You get used to it eventually
divine1966 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote