View Single Post
Anonymous41462

Default May 04, 2021 at 05:59 PM

@unaluna:

Congratulations on breaking 255! That's just great! We are at similar weights, both Large Marges! Do you find your diet is very cheap? Rice and beans are cheap. I just wonder if saving money is another advantage of your diet. Fresh veg are not cheap but frozen ones are also. A dietician told me frozen veg are still nutritious, tho not as much as fresh, but it's so hard to keep fresh food on hand. It means shopping every few days. I'm not up to that. I'm happy with my 2kg bags of frozen veg. I'll try some fresh fruit tho for when i feel binge-y. I hate going to the grocery store. Do you? I get a big order monthly and then just dart in a few times to get a bip and a bop.

Do you find it unusual to be eating rice, beans and veg at breakfast? They're not traditional breakfast foods. Did it take some getting used to? I also have a hard time eating breakfast. I feel a bit nauseous first thing in the morning. It's so important to eat breakfast tho, i force myself. I like yogurt and raspberries and calorie-free flavored water the best.

Yeah, it's important to not be TOO hungry for too long. An eating disorders psychologist told me our bodies can't tell the difference between hunger and anxiety.

I sure think that's true. In my early 30s i had tough times and couldn't afford much food and lost 60 pounds in six months and it seemed like i was feeling anxiety all the time but i'm sure really most of it was hunger. I was off meds then, again because i couldn't afford them, so it's clear that my meds are causing my weight problem.

I'm withdrawing from one of my three psych meds (bipolar) now and will hopefully be able to get off a second one and just use the third on an emergency basis.

I'm pretty stable, tho having an upswing at the moment due to Spring, as happens every year. I'm modulating it with sensory-deprivation today as yesterday was a nightmare.

I wonder if you would consider starting to put your posts on the check-in thread? It's easier to monitor the one tread and better for interaction. Check-in threads are intended for daily updates and it would be easier for us to keep track of each other. Just a suggestion!

Glad to hear your diet's going so well and that you're getting such great results!

Ta!

Jane.

Last edited by Anonymous41462; May 04, 2021 at 06:18 PM..
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote