Community Liaison

Member Since Jul 2011
12.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 04, 2021 at 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soupe du jour View Post
I'm just so extremely sad that I couldn't help crying. My husband's best friend is still so utterly sick with covid-19, and definitely seems delirious. He has contacted his main contacts in Czech Republic (in addition to my husband) telling them what he needs their help with after he dies. And in addition to this, he keeps asking people in Czech Republic, including my husband, to go to the US and bring him to Czech Republic to come here to a hospital. Obviously that's not possible and the request itself shows his delirium. My husband has been in contact with the other two main contacts here in CZ. His wife has taken him to their local hospital in New Jersey three times, but they keep sending him home because his lungs seem fine. I told my husband that if it were me so sick, that he (my husband) would have taken me to New York Presbyterian Hospital by now. My husband agreed that he would have. It is heart-breaking that his friend is experiencing so much mental anguish. It's just beyond horrible! Both my husband and I read online that neurological issues are not uncommon as a result of covid. I just hope that his friend (assuming he will live) won't have any lasting neurological damage.

Today will likely be my last session with my American psychiatrist, via video session, after 14 years knowing him. That in itself would be a stressful and cry-provoking thing, but there is just so much going on. Unless my American psychiatrist starts seeing me for free or on a generous sliding scale. For those unfamiliar with me, I do have a new psychiatrist in CZ. It's not that I have none.
I am so sorry about your friend.. What a terrible situation to be in.. I hope he will recover from Covid.. I hope that your Pdoc here in the states will be able to continue to be of support to you

Hugs from:
Anonymous41462, Soupe du jour

Thanks for this!
Soupe du jour