Have Hope
Wise Elder

Have Hope has no updates.

5 yr Member
3,619 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 05, 2021 at 04:25 AM

So, I received a call from the VP of Marketing yesterday, which means I was in trouble. He began the conversation with all positives, then told me to leave my new boss alone with any extraneous questions or issues. So what happens later that day? The account manager I am challenged by and struggling with tried to mandate that I join a client meeting I was not required to attend. I had offered to help, then retracted that offer due to my workload. I had to involve my boss, because he, too, is involved in this meeting and he had been involved in the recent meeting with my account manager about this particular client.

The VP is telling me this because my boss is overloaded. He wants me to have more confidence in myself to handle my job fully without involving my boss. In this particular situation with the account manager dictating that I join a client meeting, I felt I needed to involve my boss necessarily. Ultimately, he's in charge of my time and my work.

At the same time, I feel I am left without ANY manager. We're all remote, we barely communicate as a team and a company, and now my boss is completely hands off, leaving me flapping in the wind with this account manager and I am still relatively new to the job and many client accounts.

I was contacted by a recruiter yesterday for another position, and I expressed my interest. However, I really should not leave my job. I need to 1) face this challenge with my account manager and overcome it and 2) maintain a positive reference with this employer. If I leave so soon, I will lose my previous glowing reference for future employment. I also know that there's always 1 or 2 difficult people in every job to contend with. This is my one in this job to contend with. It's the evil you know is better than the evil you don't know, kind of scenario.

As it is, this account manager and I went head to head in team call yesterday, with my boss attending, all about this upcoming client meeting she is requiring me to attend. I got out of the meeting, which was my goal, and again, due to my workload and wanting to get the job right.

But, bottom line: I am really very frustrated, and I am completely drained. I don't have it within me anymore to face bigger challenges. I am too wiped out from life itself and from having had too many crises on top of one another. And this account manager is seriously testing my limits right now. I despise her already, and I've only been there one month so far.

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote