View Single Post
Anonymous41462

Trig May 06, 2021 at 07:48 AM

Hi all,

I guess i should go first and put my money where my mouth is. Most of my emotional pain stems from the fact that my brother
Possible trigger:
when i was 14. It didn't help that in my twenties my husband of five years divorced me because i wouldn't have children.

My life fell into chaos. I had been diagnosed as bipolar II when i was 25 and the divorce just pushed me over the edge and i couldn't work anymore. I spent five years living on various subsistence public income supports, including $400 a month of Welfare for a few hair-raising months, was homeless for six weeks and
Possible trigger:
before a miraculous lawyer got me private disability benefits from my former employer and i rejoined the middle-class twenty years ago and have been living in [relative] peace.

I don't have a pension tho and i am 54 and beginning to think about how i will finance myself once my private disability benefits end at 65. It is a challenge. I also don't have a medical plan. Because i'm saving like mad for retirement i don't have money to spare for a quality therapist. The only ones i can afford are from community organizations and have less education and less up-to-date knowledge than i do. Hey, i can read a self-help book as well as they can! Also i find them very backwards with them focusing on my weight as the main problem when i go to them for help with emotional pain.

So that is a bit about me. How about you?

Ta!

Jane.

Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
RoxanneToto, unaluna