View Single Post
AceRimmer

Member Since Jun 2015
2 hugs
given
Default May 06, 2021 at 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Have Hope View Post
Does your boss bully you otherwise? Just curious why you call this particular instance bullying? My apologies - I did not read through your whole thread, and I don't know if you have other threads about your boss bullying you.

But based on this one post, it's unreasonable to expect that your boss will accept a half day off every single week for a doctor appointment, or in reality, a therapy appointment. It appears as not wanting to work and pull your weight. I don't know anyone in a working environment who takes a day off once per week. I myself, work my therapy appointments around my work schedule and meet with my therapist either during my lunch break or after working hours. It IS reasonable of your boss to require a doctor's note.

Emailing your boss's boss is also a no-no because you're going above your boss's head when this should be worked out with your boss directly. When you go above the boss's head, you piss off your boss. It makes sense that the other boss did not respond - she/he probably wants you to work it out between you and your own boss.

I hope you work this out and can get what you need.
I have 18 months of sick time saved up. That's more than anyone else. Because I never use it. Then when I need it my boss accuses me of faking medical appointments. My boss went over her bosses head and then went over that bosses head to HR until she got the answer she wanted. She doesn't only bully me she sexually harasses me. I reported that. I reported her for starting arguments over petty things like the temperature in the lab. Nothing is going to happen to her. At my last job the women who was showing up 4 hours per day kept her job when I got laid off.