Alive99
Veteran Member

Member Since Dec 2020
172 hugs
given
Default May 06, 2021 at 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jai-jai View Post
My Therapist has asked me track what triggers me, but I'm having a hard time managing it. I feel like I'm stuck in a depression cycle right now, which makes everything really hard.

I'm currently just noting it down with date and time, but sometimes I don't always have pen and paper. I also struggle with knowing at the time if its going to trigger me later in the day.

Is this normal? This is all new to me and I feel like I'm drowning.

My husband got irritated at the dog, like he's done many times before, but it triggered my PTSD response and put me on high alert. This was super unsettling and I really don't know how to handle it.

Hey. Hm that's so interesting about your therapist's request. I don't know if my triggers can be categorised and tracked like that. They are too random and varied. Really anything about intimate / personal interactions can be a trigger. (But I have cPTSD tho)

Yes, the feeling of drowning bc there's so much of it, that's familiar. It will get better as you figure things out over time, I think.

I think I have one general tip for you. Anything from the situation or bunch of situations that caused you the trauma, will be capable of acting like a trigger (or also just an emotional flashback if you have cPTSD) later. And I think unravelling all the traumatic situations and reworking them is the real solution to it eventually. That is my understanding. Maybe it'll help with the categorising to track triggers more easily.

(That is the one way I've tried to do it but since for me it involves years of stuff, it's still too complex to categorise and track it all)
Alive99 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote