Legendary

Member Since Dec 2014
1,879 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 06, 2021 at 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine1966 View Post
I am so very sorry and perplexed with the scenario. I am astonished with what women put up with. Well not just women, men too. Yelling at you for showing him listings. The what...Yelling is only acceptable when it’s “get out! house is on fire”. Why are you defeated? He holds extravagant amount of power over you.

If you aren’t independent you can start now. Your kids are grown. You can get a job and he’ll pay spousal support to supplement your income and you’ll have half of whatever he put for a retirement. You’ll be fine. You sure don’t need him. Sorry but no one would be yelling at me. This is not acceptable
I need to find the strength to go back to the lawyer and go through with the divorce this time.

I had a very unhappy, traumatic experience throughout this marriage. I have to cope with the aftermath of that trauma whether or not I move forward with or without him. I wanted to move forward with him and repair our relationship. He has the ability to act ‘right’ in a last ditch effort just long enough to get me to say we can stay together, then he’s right back to neglect, stress, incompatibility, nervous struggle, selfishness, laziness…all the bad things (much of them I can tolerate). This is the dance. It is what it is. He hurts me then apologizes. He promises to ‘get’ me and never do it again, then he does it again and pretends he has no clue. It’s emotional abuse. And yes, I have given him extreme power over me. I am obsessed with this working. I am terrified to leave. I think I am worthless alone Why did I let this stupid notion poison my brain?

It’s not even fear of no money at this point. I’ll be alright. I need someone to help me go to the lawyer and coach me through this. Is there such a person? A life coach?

Would you believe even my last psychiatrist told me to not divorce him?! He put me down like I am nothing and my big shot husband is everything. I am intimidated that he was successful and important and I was a drop-out, who was happy to be a homemaker and did it with love and to the best of my ability. I never did one negative behavior that anyone diagnosed with a disorder has done as a problem; like gambling etc…! I got diagnosed because I am so unhappy with him I can’t stop crying!

Thanks, Divine, I’m going to try to give myself the credit I deserve.