View Single Post
Anonymous41462

Default May 07, 2021 at 05:12 AM

Hi Unaluna and all,

I think adding beans to your breakfast is a great idea! I worry that you're not getting enough protein. I'm a bit obsessive about protein tho as it's so hard to find sources for myself as i am a flexitarian which means i rarely eat meat. Beans are a good meat alternate. Mexicans eat beans for breakfast, so it's a tradition in a culture not known for being an unhealthy people, so that's a good sign. They eat big breakfasts too, beans, eggs, tortillas, etc. I've worked in a glass of milk with breakfast, with my oatmeal, so i am taking a page from your book and TRYING to eat a bigger breakfast. I'm sure it will do me good. You're a good influence!

Did i read you right, that you're eating octopus? Is that a brand name or the sea creature? If it's the latter, you sure are an adventurous eater!

Good for you for resisting ordering-in and having something reasonable instead. Ordering-in is so expensive! Also, usually not worth it tho we do have one restaurant in my neighborhood which makes kick-@$$ veg samosas. I like ethnic food but it's really expensive in my city. In downtown Toronto you can get ten samosas for a dollar! Now that's living!

I'm sorry to read that things at home in your family were far from ideal, with your rocky relationship with your mom. A supportive mom is so important for growing into a healthy adult. My mom played "favorites" too. My younger sister was the favorite but my mom and i had one special tradition.

She would tell me, "Go look on your bed. I think there's something there for you!" And there would be a lovely brand-new set of pajamas, exquisite nightgown-and-housecoat matching sets called "peignoirs" after the French. My brother said i looked like a princess in them! To this day, i wear pajamas as much as possible. The world would be a better place if we could wear pajamas in public all the time!

Glad you like "ugly green pants" too, tho i tend to think my olive ones are quite pretty and so does my once close neighbor.

Ta!

Jane.

Reply With QuoteReply With Quote