Student of Life

Member Since Mar 2014
2,911 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 07, 2021 at 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sometimes psychotic View Post
This week has been rough....I don’t know why but sometimes I just absorb other people’s stuff and it makes me sad or irritable. Everyone around me has been sick, first my sister and then the bf is having back issues...possibly more severe than I first thought....it’s radiating down his legs now. Even my psychiatrist lost two people in India when I spoke to her last week. Somehow in combination with the covid restrictions where I can’t even see my family, I’m just kinda sinking a bit.

Trying to get myself motivated to walk outside for a bit but that might end up being a once a week thing, cause I’m like I just saw the pond yesterday. Maybe I need more stuff from amazon or something? I made the mistake of listening to downtempo music and that’s made everything worse in its own way. Have on dance now to try and correct it.

It’s like there is no one to take care of me right now, everyone needs my help so I’m on my own. I don’t know how my dad handles all this with my mom and sister being sick all the time and he has to be the responsible one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm sorry you're feeling that way. I sometimes feel similarly about walking outside. It's like a good idea, but it seems to pass me by when I'm in depression. Anything's really a good idea when I'm in a depressed state (I'm talking about so-called "positive" coping strategies). But honestly sometimes it's too hard to go through with them. I personally feel like (and I'm sure everyone agrees with the fact that) you're a real part of the community here so don't forget that. You give good advice and support and all of that so don't forget that you have that capacity to help people. Maybe try to give that same support to yourself? I don't know. It's tough. I bought a book on self-compassion one time. That seems to help me.

WastingAsparagus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Breaking Dawn, SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
12AM, Angelique67, Breaking Dawn, Desoxyn, SlumberKitty, Sometimes psychotic