Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since May 2013
22.8k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 07, 2021 at 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WastingAsparagus View Post
I'm sorry you're feeling that way. I sometimes feel similarly about walking outside. It's like a good idea, but it seems to pass me by when I'm in depression. Anything's really a good idea when I'm in a depressed state (I'm talking about so-called "positive" coping strategies). But honestly sometimes it's too hard to go through with them. I personally feel like (and I'm sure everyone agrees with the fact that) you're a real part of the community here so don't forget that. You give good advice and support and all of that so don't forget that you have that capacity to help people. Maybe try to give that same support to yourself? I don't know. It's tough. I bought a book on self-compassion one time. That seems to help me.
Yeah I wish I had my self care box here, but it’s an hour away and I can’t really drive myself there. I should paint something....that usually helps but I’m going to order something or do something for me today.....sometimes though you just really need to express what’s going on to people who care so thanks for reading and being there.

Hugs from:
Breaking Dawn, junkDNA, SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
12AM, Angelique67, Breaking Dawn, SlumberKitty, WastingAsparagus