View Single Post
Soupe du jour
Elder

Member Since Jun 2015
13.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 08, 2021 at 04:11 AM

I certainly think the answers to the above remind me of what brought about past successes. So what helped you?

For me:

* Support, support, support. Going at this alone is/was always the hardest way to make positive changes.

* Learning tricks and secrets that help.

* Motivation/attitude. Sometimes tough to have when dealing with mood issues. But it can be developed. Initial success can feed motivation.

* Excitement about new foods/cooking. I think at least the first of these can apply to everyone. Of course the new foods must be appealing. Many low calorie/fat foods can be satisfying. Do you know what they are?

* Learning how to deal with setbacks, but then move forward again. We all have cheat days or unexpected binges. Try not to, but when they happen, put them behind you. Chances are that one or two cheat days/binges won't add so many extra calories to totally undo the on plan days. Quitting totally, adds too many calories to every day.

* Not minimizing success. So you lost 1/2 lb (~1/4 kg) in a week of being perfectly on plan? That's NOT nothing! Just imagine tearing off that weight of boloney from your backside. It's a lot!
Soupe du jour is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous41462

Thanks for this!
*Beth*, Yaowen