Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since May 2013
22.8k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 08, 2021 at 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12AM View Post
I’m stressed out too right now. I try my best to balance between doing what I need to do and self care. What I do is to take a few breaks each day. Set an alarm for 1-2 hours and until the alarm rings I forbid myself to think about heavy stuff and do a self care instead. My self care list:

Exercise is too much for me at the moment so I just take a short walk around the neighborhood.
Paint something simple that doesn’t require me to sit for hours trying to get it right.
Massaging myself with a massage oil. Then take a shower and wash my hair. Put on lotion and wear a comfortable clothes after that.
Play a simple game on my phone.
Watch funny animal videos or fun music concerts.
Play with my cats.
Order my favorite food (I just bought a cake today)
Decorate my room with flowers and aromatherapy is on almost all the time
And the last one I don’t recommend because it’s just me being weird, but I like doing chores. The smell of soap when doing dishes. Seeing my clothes are folded or hung up nicely in my closet. The feel of squeaky clean floor on my soles after I sweep and mop it. Etc. When I feel like I don’t have any control about things that happen in my life, I control my surroundings by doing all these chores. It gives me a sense of relief because there are at least things that I can control.

I don’t know if this will help you but stay strong, we got this

That’s an excellent idea [emoji362] I’ve never set a timer for self care or even thought about setting one but it’s just as Important so why not?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hugs from:
12AM, Breaking Dawn, SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
12AM, Angelique67, Breaking Dawn, newtus, SlumberKitty