byfnvy

Member Since Jun 2010
35 hugs
given
Default May 08, 2021 at 03:55 PM

I started again after almost 4 years, but I did have this reflection:

Quote:
Originally Posted by byfnvy View Post
I do want to say that it's different now than how it was before, I don't feel as bad and I don't cut as much or as often as I used to, so I guess that brings some hope and progress.

Even feeling depressed feels different now than it did when I was younger. I feel more okay now. I'm not sure how to explain it exactly, it's like I feel that I'll always be okay. Even when I don't feel okay at the moment, I'll still be okay then.
Since I posted that, I suppose I did start to get used to it again, but frequency is maybe once or a few days in a month, and a stretch of at least a month clean, depending on stress and stuff. There have also been stretches of almost or more than a year. The last few times have simply been out of pure frustration, to stop myself from screaming out and swearing, which could be a way to release emotion if it's appropriate for you.

Time passes so fast these days, didn't realize it's already been 5 years since I started again

*for those wondering, my username is pronounced as it is spelled: bee-why-ef-en-vee-why.
byfnvy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Skeezyks