Grand Poohbah

Member Since May 2019
6,984 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 10, 2021 at 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deilla View Post
I'm awake at the moment. My Cymbalta has been making me very sleepy. I just took it. I could get pretty sleepy here in a little bit but at least I had a few hours where I was awake. I feel good about that. I got a message from a good friend. That cheered me up. I was feeling sort of down. It's mother's day and I won't hear from my daughter today. Or any day. But I did the best I could. It's her problem, not mine. I am trying to make new friends. I don't know how successful I'll be, but you never know until you try.
Happy Belated Mother's Day!
I enjoyed my day yesterday including working hard on a few things in the kitchen but it was good because I slept deeply last night. I was surprised my son didn't give me a call. I look at it as he is troubled, has problems and there is a good chance he was working yesterday. For a long time, I was taking on his problems and feeling responsible for his mistakes. I have learned not to do this. I am thankful that I have learned this. Eventually most children forge paths on their own. IMO it is harder for the parents to let go then the children. Though a phone call would be nice but some (not talking about your daughter--I have no idea) children also have mixed or tough emotions to deal with on Mother's Day too.
TunedOut is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Deilla, SprinkL3

Thanks for this!
Deilla