View Single Post
autonoe

Member Since Apr 2018
28 hugs
given
Default May 10, 2021 at 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshly View Post
I learned how to change these situations with help from my Life Skills instructor. What works the best for me is to come up with a prepared script to tell people who seem to regularly intrude or take advantage.
Thank you, Freshly. This is helpful. Today, I decided I just need to get myself out of the house more often and have some time in nature. I got myself ready to go, and before I left, I prepped myself for how I would handle it if my neighbors were outside or on their porch. Luckily, no one was there, but I felt ready to deal with them. I did the same thing when I came home a few hours later, but again, they were not there. I think part of my problem is that people catch me off guard and I don't know how to respond or how to act. When that happens, I tend to get flustered and irritated with myself, and it never goes well. Having a prepared response or excuse is a very good idea.

My neighbor actually texted me again the other day and apologized for sending too many messages. I guess he got the hint that I wasn't okay with all of that since I never responded to his last one. I worry that things will be awkward with them going forward, but I am just going to be pleasant if I see them and try not to worry about it anymore. I really like the area where I live now, and I don't want awkward relationships with the neighbors to ruin it. I will try to keep a positive attitude about it as much as I can. I want to be a nice neighbor, but I also don't want to feel like I am obligated to socialize, or develop feelings of resentment. I don't owe anyone my time.

Last edited by autonoe; May 10, 2021 at 03:47 PM.. Reason: typo
autonoe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
zapatoes