M. Need to vent

C. Let's hear it

M. I'm pissed off

C. Why? What happened?

M. I didn't hear back from CB, which is f’d up

C. Why is this f’ed up?

M. Because it means I f’d up the Cal deal

C. Do you know this for a fact?

M. No, but Amy didn't ask me back and CB did not respond. Plus, I would have done it completely differently had I to do it again.

C. So why not try to do it again?

M. What do you mean?

C. Why not send CB another email? Do me a favor and draft the email, okay?

M. Okay. I sent CB a simple email to let him know I'm considering emailing A/V and asking for his advice.

C. You have nothing to lose at this point, so better to do that than wait.

M. You're right

C. What else are you upset about?

M. DJ didn't jump up and down when I showed him and LE PM.

C. If I heard correctly, I heard him and LE say something to the effect that “this is great”, right?

M. I suppose but he also said, Thanks for the update. F that!

C. If I heard right, you and LE have a call on the books for Thursday to discuss how to package SPM, right?

M. That's true

C. Sounds like she wants to work with you, right?

M. That's true

C. The fact that she wants to discuss copyrighting is a positive, right?

M. What do you mean?

C. Well, if ST perceives SPM as a mechanism to make their IP sticky, that's quite a huge deal, right?

M. How so?

C. Seems to me that customized ST content has a stronger chance of sticking, which is there main objective, right? Making their IP sticky is very strategic for them, right?

M. You're right. It is.

C. Seems to me that having ST content in a PB significantly increases the likelihood of a customer continuing to use their method, right?

M. Yes.

C. What's more useful to a SR, generic courseware or customized PB content?

M. The customized PB content.

C. And if it's more useful, do you think it increases or decreases the chance of a customer re-upping?

M. It increases it

C. By a lot or a little?

M. By a lot

C. Do you believe this?

M. I do. Rather than clicking to content, the user has exactly what they need, when they need it. In my case, once I codified JR, I really no longer need to listen or watch the video again.

C. Exactly, but you sound like him now, right?

M. I did sound like him during my call with I3.

C. I heard you and you did. B even commented that it sounded like you were standing up, it came across so naturally, right?

M. That's true

C. T/G is a great example of how you're bringing this to life, right?

M. What do you mean?

C. It's super complex, but you developed a model and track for different cases, right?

M. I did and I was able to bring this up on my call today. I was able to say this was the most complex scenario ever, but that we were able to come up with a construct for even this very complex scenario, I felt like DJ was trying to object, but I fortunately had a great response based on a real world scenario.

C. Seems like LE got it, right?

M. Yes, she did.

C. You also had a great call with Joe, right?

M. Yes, it actually went extremely well.

C. One door closes another door opens, right?

M. Good point

C. Want some advice?

M. Please!

C. Put your foot on the m-f throat. Grind. Don't give up. Persevere. Get to bed early tonight. Don't eat after 8pm. Drink lots of water. Tidy up. Prep for tomorrow and hit the road running in the morning. You have been up since about 5am “working.” Thinking about Cal at 5 am and trying to figure out what to do is working. You haven't taken a single break all day. You didn't even eat lunch for goodness sake.

M. That's true

C. You also worked all weekend, both Saturday and Sunday. Take time now to recharge your batteries and get after it in the morning. You can pencil the CS agenda, but no more computer work. You need to give your brain some rest.

M. Okay

C. Regarding Cal, cut yourself some slack. You're better for it and fortunately you have other real opportunities, right?

M. Yes, that's true.

C. Was this helpful?

M. Surprisingly, yes. It was helpful to get this stuff off my chest and put it in perspective. Definitely helpful. Thanks so much!

C. You got it. Talk later. Take care.

M. You too. Thanks.
Noexcuses2020 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote