View Single Post
Skeezyks
Disreputable Old Troll

Member Since Oct 2015
17.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Smile May 11, 2021 at 01:19 PM

I'm sorry you are struggling with this. You mentioned you're in the midst of a lockdown at the moment. Here where I live things are now beginning to open back up.

I myself am pretty-much an old recluse. So I have some experience with being isolated for long stretches of time & what effect that can have on a person. I do have a spouse but no extended family, no friends, or even acquaintances (by choice.) I'm also a life-long anxiety sufferer. (I take Clonazepam for it.)

I know, in my own case, although I spend the majority of my time at home, I do go out with my spouse as the need arises (typically just for fairly quick runs to a grocery store or something like that.) And when I do we typically take our dog along, so our pooch & I go for little walks down the street while my spouse does the shopping. Anyway this all contributes to me experiencing quite a bit of increased anxiety during times when I have to be out for longer periods & be around other people.

The walks outside I take with our dog do help me (I think) to not become so anxious about being out that I feel I just can't do it. So if you could get into the habit of going out each day for even a short walk or two (assuming you're not already doing so of course) perhaps that might help? If you don't have a dog you can walk, perhaps there is a friend or family member who could walk with you? I don't know... it's just a thought. But I do understand how difficult it can be to be out in the day-to-day world when you're overwhelmed by anxiety. There have been times, in the past, when my own anxiety would become so intense I'd become dizzy and feel as though I was floating outside my body.

Best wishes...
Skeezyks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote