View Single Post
jesyka
Poohbah

Member Since Jun 2020
272 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 12, 2021 at 01:52 AM

Both my husband and I have had bad credit for years due to financial hardship. No judging please. I got a lot of that on another site and was called irresponsible, that it's our fault that we have bad credit for supposedly not paying bills or paying them on time which isn't true.

My husbands business was bad for along time and I haven't earned much over the years. We have owed the IRS a lot of money too.

Anyways, our mortgage for our house was $2900 up until recently. It went all the way up to $3400 which isn't fair at all! to many cards were opened up at once, and credit was denied a few times.

My husband told me that it'll take at least a year or more to repair bad credit. Once our credit score goes up that the mortgage can go back to the normal rate again. Is that true?

Is this new mortgage permanent or not? Btw, it used to be $2600 in the past, but I'm not sure when as my husband rarely discusses finances with me. I don't know if it had anything to do with bad credit or not.

How long will it take to return to the prior rate if it's nor permanent? Is there anything that can be done to prevent paying the few extra hundreds of dollars a month in rent?

I'd appreciate any helpful advice. No judging please. I'm already depressed, anxious and upset enough as it it I also have health issues and don't need the additional stress.
jesyka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
hvert, TishaBuv