View Single Post
Soupe du jour
Elder

Member Since Jun 2015
13.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 12, 2021 at 04:01 AM

Thanks so much for the birthday wishes, my friends! So far today has been lovely, and I know I'll have plenty of calls to come, with birthday wishes. Of course my hubby gave me lots of nice gifts, but I'll admit that the one that was most amazing was that he made homemade bagels for me. I was gobsmacked! We haven't been able to find them in our city in Czech Republic and I was resigned to having to make them myself. I confess that despite my cooking and baking experience, I was a little intimidated about such a task. I never made homemade bagels before. I never dreamed my husband would even attempt such a task, as he never cooks or bakes. They rivaled any from NYC/NJ/Philadelphia, and that's saying something. You can see a picture of them attached. Yes, a couple are little "unique" in shape, but a couple looked perfect and their flavor and texture is perfect.

@buddha1too, I somehow didn't see your birthday message yesterday. Thanks for quoting it, and the well-wishes written in Czech. The song is fun.

Gotta admit that I'm becoming slightly overwhelmed with flowers. So far today, I have received six bouquets. Luckily one came in a vase, and my sister gave me a vase. I literally have only one more taller vase left, a short vase, and then maybe my glass ice bucket. Maybe I won't need them. I do love flowers, though.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bagels are beautiful.jpg (345.4 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by Soupe du jour; May 12, 2021 at 06:01 AM..

Hugs from:
*Beth*, Anonymous41462, bizi, Innerzone, Nammu, Sunflower123, ~Christina

Thanks for this!
bizi, Innerzone, ~Christina