Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2014
1,277 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 12, 2021 at 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Have Hope View Post
Yes, I received the payment that is still coming out and being paid. I filed my taxes in April, so I just received mine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Have Hope View Post
Since I've blocked him on my phone, I now instead am receiving a barrage of emails. He's trying to convince me to speak with him. I am not caving or giving into him,. At one point he tried to twist it to be all about supporting HIM through a rough time, when he had supported ME through a rough time. He only wants to convince me to get back together, and he thinks I'm being heartless. I don't care. I am not allowing him to manipulate me again, and I am not allowing him to guilt trip me into talking to him. I am setting strong boundaries, and that feels good to do.

But he continues to ignore and dismiss everything I've said to him so far: I don't trust you, I cannot trust you, I don't want to be with you, this is over. He still thinks he can convince me and turn me around again. It's truly astounding the lengths he's going to to change my mind and get me to speak with him.

Now I'm going to have to work towards not reading the emails. Next step in the process. At least I've taken certain measures to reduce the contact between us.
He doesn’t “think” you are heartless. He knows you aren’t. He says it because he knows in the past he could guilt and manipulate you and he hopes it will work again

If he needs support about something he could see a therapist. Typically separated people in the process of divorce do not offer each other support, unless maybe in regards to kids they share, other than that I don’t see how it’s even reasonable to expect “support”. He is a manipulator

Thanks for this!
Have Hope, RoxanneToto