eskielover
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2004
14.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 12, 2021 at 12:00 PM

Quote:
more people were giving me advice about a very tough situation that had drug my family down over the course of many years. They meant well and the advice I received here was well meaning but it actually proved to be quite confusing having so many people telling me what I needed to do
Maybe this is part of the difference. I never take anything anyone says as something I have to do. I take it as ideas for my consideration to ponder on & use as part of my decision making process. No one has ever successfully told me what to do without it being an idea I find worth considering.

My dad said college was a bad idea....so it made me even more determined to get my degree & a good career.

I told my now ex before we got married that NOTHING was getting in the way of my degree & career. I got pregnant 3 years later & he said I should stay home & go back to my degree 5 years later when I was only 10 months away from my degree. I told him where he could stick that.

When I was trying to protect my mom against the evil home care person I caught abusing her when she was dying of cancer, everyone judged what I did to protect us both. I didn't care what others thought, I had to do what I knew was best. Even if there was some extreme choices I had to make, I KNEW it was the right thing to do. Confidence in my choices.....probably a lot because all my life I had to make choices on my own that were not always what others thought were the right thing to do. Looking back.....exactly what I would do now with more knowledge so trust in my own judgment grew with time & experience.

I now treasure the wise friends I have in my life I can talk ideas over with & I also know those I would NEVER listen to for advice. It is all a growing & learning process that never stops.

Leo's favorite place was in the passenger seat of my truck. We went everywhere together like this.
Leo my soulmate will live in my heart FOREVER Nov 1, 2002 - Dec 16, 2018
eskielover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote