View Single Post
Mountaindewed
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Jun 2016
8,852 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 12, 2021 at 06:52 PM

I am back. I had to ask the moderators to temporarily ban me for a month. I just needed a break and just not logging out wouldn’t have been good enough. But I am doing well. I literally just moved into my new house today. We packed up the old one yesterday and stayed at a hotel overnight. Then moved today. The movers were awesome. My room is sort of unpacked but I have a lot to do. I am so glad to be finally moved and I feel great in my new house.

I missed my old therapist for weeks. She was basically all I could think of. My new therapist is very nice and open minded. She’s a bit strange but I’m getting used to her. I now have no more telehealth appointments since my new one does in person sessions. Video sessions were the worst for me. I had heard from my Pdoc at the end of March that the therapists were going back to office in April. And I was so devastated since my move wasn’t until yesterday. I thought I’d be able to see the old one in person a few times before I moved. So a couple weeks ago I did a kind of risky thing and I had my mom email the old one saying that I heard from Pdoc she was going back to in person and that it really upset me. I had no idea what I expected from the email. But My old T sent a very nice email back saying that my Pdoc overstated and the majority of the therapists aren’t going back to in person. She said she may never go back to in person even when things get back to normal. She said she hopes I continue to be successful with my new therapist and my move goes well.

So I’m still getting used to not being with old my therapist but today I barely thought of her. I just thought of the new one and I was focused on moving.

I also got my first Covid shot on April 20th. I have to figure out how to get the second one where I live now but with the surplus of vaccines, I shouldn’t have an issue. I’m a bit nervous about the second one. The first one knocked me out for 24 hours and caused major nausea. But I talked to my primary doctor and he reassured me it was safe.

But yeah I’m doing good. My surgery is on the 4th of June. Preop was last week and it went well. so I’m just moving and getting ready for the surgery. I’ll probably get back to work in August.

I hope everyone is doing well.

Hugs from:
*Beth*, bizi, Deilla, Nammu, Sunflower123, Victoria'smom

Thanks for this!
*Beth*, bizi, Victoria'smom, wildflowerchild25