View Single Post
wildflowerchild25
Elder

Member Since Mar 2013
9,563 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 13, 2021 at 08:22 AM

I am much calmer today. I have no desire to run around and buy things. I don’t feel the need to compulsively clean either. So that’s good. I’m feeling much more even keel.

I’m worried that zyprexa will cause serious weight gain though. Everything I’ve read says it has the highest rate of weight gain aside from clozapine. I’ve been seriously hungry and craving food I don’t normally crave and I’ve gained three pounds in the last two weeks so far. I’m also missing words and forgetting things that transpired recently along with having trouble concentrating.

Honestly I’d rather try seroquel XR again. I know that causes weight gain too but maybe I’ll be able to control myself. Plus I remember it was very effective when I was on it years ago. I only quit because it was making me too drowsy and I had to work. But I won’t be going back to work until September now so that will give me plenty of time to adjust.
I have to call my HR director, my social worker from the hospital, and my disability company to figure out how this is all supposed to be handled. Any other time from work wouldn’t be a problem but since it’s the end of the year and I get summer pay I’m not sure how it’s supposed to go down.

That’s life. If nothing else, that is life. It’s real. Sometimes it
f—-ing hurts. But it’s sort of all we have.
-Garden State

Hugs from:
*Beth*, buddha1too, CioCioSan1701, Innerzone, Nammu, Soupe du jour, Sunflower123, ~Christina

Thanks for this!
~Christina