Wise Elder

Member Since Apr 2015
9,510 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 13, 2021 at 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaindewed View Post
The mask thing has me wondering too. But because of the break out cases. My aunt almost died from Covid a couple weeks ago and she was fully vaccinated for 2 months. I wonder if I’d look goofy or concerning if I kept my mask on after the mandate was lifted. My mom and I still won’t eat out or go shopping after 8:30AM on weekdays when the stores are empty and she’s fully vaccinated and I’ve had one shot.
I'll be wearing a mask in public for a long time yet. Don't worry about how you look, worry about what you feel you need to do to feel safe. That's going to vary from person to person depending on comfort level. Mine is this: I went to church a few weeks ago to a service where masks and social distancing were required. The distancing was fine but everyone took off their masks. When masks are not required I'll go back to church and be the only one wearing a mask but I'll go. I hadn't been going since the bad experience.

For me I'm at higher risk of getting really sick if I would get it (I'm fully vaccinated so unlikely) because I have asthma. I can't take steroids for my asthma without risking an IP stay for psych caused by the steroids. I have no desire to do this so I'll be wearing a mask until numbers are lower and more people in my community (a rather highliy anti-vaxer area) have had the vaccines.

It's kind of a compromise in my head.

Last edited by BeyondtheRainbow; May 13, 2021 at 07:55 PM..

Hugs from:
Anonymous41462, buddha1too, Innerzone, Nammu, Soupe du jour, Sunflower123, ~Christina

Thanks for this!
Soupe du jour, ~Christina