Community Liaison

Member Since Jul 2011
12.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 14, 2021 at 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soupe du jour View Post
My husband put a great deal of effort into making my big birthday a nice one. Under "normal" circumstances, I would have loved to have been in Vienna, but covid didn't allow that. My sister-in-law gave me two open-date tickets to each of two art museums in Vienna. So it will eventually happen, and we'll have some nice things to do, when it does. My sister also bought me some nice gifts, and also arranged to send me a beautiful flower arrangement on behalf of our father. I heard nothing from my brother. Frankly, I'm growing quite disappointed with him. He's becoming a Trump cult member, plus even though he loves to ***** about "leeches on society" he is basically a leech on my father's bank account. Hypocrisy is widespread.

Halfway through yesterday my mood dipped. I did feel a little overwhelmed by all of the gifts and flowers from so many people in Czech Republic. Yes, of course it was lovely of them all, but with gifts there must be adequate thank yous. Of course I was thankful, but the need to make lots of calls and write lots of emails was stressful. In the years since the worst of my illness started, I've had difficulty with "expectations". It's my issue, though.

Tomorrow I have another in-person session with my Czech therapist. It'll maybe be my sixth? I confess that I'm not clicking with her. I feel she doesn't get my situation. I do have a history of difficulties with therapists, but I have had three (or maybe four) really helpful ones that I appreciated greatly. Since my third session with her, I've wanted to quit her before my upcoming appointments. I didn't because I don't want to be rash. I have very much warmed up to a couple therapists after several sessions of not. I'll admit that I want to quit her even today. In contrast, I feel pretty good about my new Czech psychiatrist.

Im glad you have enjoyed your Birthday

I hope things with your T can be worked out and you settle in , Its hard to find someone you click with.. Great news that the Pdoc seems like a good fit !

Ahhh the tickets sound wonderful, Hopefully as Covid restrictions are decreased we can all get back to going out and doing things. Everyone on the planet needs something positive to look forward too !

Thats so awesome your Husband made you Bagels !!!! Good for him !!

Take care of you

Hugs from:
Anonymous41462, Soupe du jour

Thanks for this!
CioCioSan1701, Soupe du jour