Alive99
Veteran Member

Member Since Dec 2020
172 hugs
given
Default May 14, 2021 at 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Have Hope View Post
Did you tell him that you would no longer reply, or did you just stop replying?

I told him. I also told him I can't be okay with his personality. That is a long story as to why I said that but basically I wanted to push him away/turn him off, I was building that message on his lies because he did this sob story that no one likes his personality, just his traits, to try and get me to be nice to him and "serve" his needs. So my message was to ensure he will not bother to play nice and stuff to placate me or try and keep the "relationship potential" with me or have any relationship with me on his own terms. I made it clear there was NO relationship potential whatsoever anymore. It worked, he understood the message, that I wasn't gonna play along with the sob stories or other "nice" placating ********. I *think* he saw that his lies didn't work on me and he didn't bother to try and figure out what new lie to weave that would be believable enough. It made my No Contact easier. He was so intrusive before it but that message worked.

But maybe that is still too much drama in your case, for you it could be easier to just simply say this is your last message to him to let him know you are done and going No Contact. And then keeping to it and not even reading anything from him. It's not worth the time. Whenever I decided that I was not going to read/hear anything from someone, it always helped. If I tried to read/hear something anyway from those - truly toxic - people, it was never worth it. It was always a waste of time, always a drain on my mental and emotional well-being. They really feed on drama and lies so much. It's just junk, whatever they write/say to you, no usable information whatsoever.

If I were you, I would also arrange all communication about the divorce through a third party. So then it's true No Contact.

Thanks for this!
Bill3, Have Hope