Community Liaison

Member Since Jul 2011
12.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 14, 2021 at 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose72 View Post
I just had a zoom meeting with my primary doctor. It went great. I'm getting blood work taken tomorrow. Non-fasting. I told her about my hot flashes and she asked me more questions and then said she thinks I'm in the very beginning of menopause! I was worried about that. She said my age too lines up with it being perimenopause. She said to drink unsweetened soy milk and to eat a more plant-based diet including edamame and soy beans. Luckily, I don't have any bad side effects from peri yet. (i.e. dryness). Otherwise, she asked what my blood pressure was and asked about my cpap- said I probably will need a new mask soon and that she will call the supplier for me. I dunno. I suspected that I might be starting perimenopause from the night sweats and hot flashes but now its real if my doctor suggests that it is, too. Oh dear... I'll have to ask my mom when she started the hot flashes.
Im glad you were able to talk to your GP. I had a hysterectomy in 2003. My GYN left my ovaries in hopes that I would not go head first into menopause. Well my ovaries went on vacation from surgery and never came back

I was having hot flashes day in and day out, So we tried medication, It really didnt do much of anything so based on the fact it can increase your chances of other health problems and cancer I stopped taking it.

It wasnt fun but honestly it wasnt all that bad. TMI probably but it didnt decrease sex drive in fact it was better, maybe part was I had zero concern of getting pregnant.

There are some OTC vitamins that many women report helps alot, Might be something you could try???

Hugs from:
Anonymous41462, Innerzone, Nammu, Soupe du jour

Thanks for this!
Innerzone, Soupe du jour