divine1966
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2014
1,280 hugs
given
Default May 15, 2021 at 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TishaBuv View Post
Several people have suggested that. I have asked our therapists and psychiatrist and they scoff. But, I think there is definitely some aspect of something on spectrum happening. It could be part me, part him. Neither of us have anything severe enough to have been diagnosed.

I think I’ll try to look at this as though we are dealing with this issue, and see what kind of skills may help us.

He does not ‘get’ me and what I like. No matter how many times he has done what I hate and I have expressed it in every non-violent way I know how , he keeps doing it. He doesn’t really have empathy. I have seen him show some empathy, but just a bit in a moment where anyone would look like a callous POS if they didn’t. He wasn’t nasty or abusive with the kids, but gave them little attention. He was much better with them while we were all vacation together and we had good times.

I do have the sensory thing that is mentioned for people on spectrum. This might explain my hatred of the intimate things I can’t stand. I’m also really sensitive to itchy fabrics and hate being tickled!
Not liking tickling or itchy fabric or whatever other sensory things is a very common occurrence in a lot of people and at no point is a base of a diagnosis for autism spectrum disorder.

Also the husband here could be just not a match in sexuality department or just personalities don’t match. Or maybe people have some traits. I don’t know how it’s helpful to diagnose yourself or others with an actual disorder. We can talk ourselves into having every disorder on the planet by googling things and applying it to people and situations randomly.
divine1966 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote