Magnate

Member Since Sep 2019
4,842 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 15, 2021 at 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retro_chic View Post
I really think I have the "quiet" presentation of BPD and I asked my T about it yesterday and she doesn't think I have it. She said people with BPD are really volatile and have trouble holding down a job and can't even have relationships with family members (which isn't me).

I think I did a bad job explaining why I think I have it because I was nervous and I wasn't able to articulate myself properly. I found this article (linked below) that literally describes me perfectly so I'm still not convinced I don't have BPD. I have every symptom listed in it.

Do You Have "Quiet BPD"? | Psychology Today Australia

I don't want to keep bringing it up but I'm wondering if I should read this article to T next session as I don't think I was able to explain myself very well last time. This is something that has bothered me for a while and I only have three sessions left before T goes on maternity leave. I would really like to get to the bottom of this before she goes.

Your T appears to be of the group of misinformed therapists who think BPD is "only for really messed up, volatile people who don't work or have relationships." Fortunately, this is untrue.

Maybe when she is on maternity leave, you can try out a therapist with training and experience treating people with BPD and who also is trained in DBT.
WovenGalaxy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous41462, Fuzzybear