Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2014
1,279 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 15, 2021 at 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TishaBuv View Post
No one was diagnosing. We’re just kicking around possibilities. The tactile sensory thing is a part of the whole spectrum thing, from ADHD to Autism. I have always had more sensitivity to it. We’ve suspected ADHD in my family in my grandfather, my mother and her sister, my one sister and myself. We saw it as an inability to relax. For example; my grandfather could not sit still, literally, he had to keep moving and if sitting, his legs would be tapping, his hands would be playing with the silverware. Two of my sons have been diagnosed ADHD. So, there’s nothing wrong with discussing that there might be something to this at play here with me. Although I have broached it with several doctors, they brush me off. I don’t insist and hammer them to force them to discuss it. That’s my experience of what has happened.

I respect your wanting to adhere to guidelines here, but we aren’t violating them.
I don’t care about guidelines. I care about diagnosing without valid degree and knowledge. Diagnosing is a serious thing. I am not in support of “google” diagnosing

ADHD and ASD is not the same thing whatsoever (could be coexisting). The post I was replying to was not about ADHD, it was about people being casually diagnosed with ASD (Asperger is not even a valid diagnosis).

I am staying out of this conversation.
divine1966 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
TishaBuv