View Single Post
Mountaindewed
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Jun 2016
9,430 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 15, 2021 at 10:15 AM

I’m doing ok today. My anxiety is through the roof though. I went to Dunkin Donuts to order a vanilla sweet cold foam cold brew coffee and they gave me a cold brew vanilla coffee. The lady was super distracted and was talking to someone else about a quarter she found on the floor and then she looked at her nails and then finally noticed us and had us pay. I’m not one to make a fuss when a place gets my order wrong and I was at the drive thru so I just drank it. The coffee wasn’t bad but it had 347 milligrams of caffeine. And since it didn’t have any milk in it my heartburn sucks too. But I have zero kombucha in my house so I won’t be having any more caffeine. But it will be a 3 possibly 4 Xanax type of day. Having both a caffeine and a benzo addiction sucks.

Besides the anxiety things are going good. I’m glad I got my second Covid shot set up the day after my first in person therapy session. So I can discuss it with her the day before, and then deal with possible side effects the day after.

I’m looking forward to therapy on Tuesday. She can be a bit unprofessional with the eating things and brushing her hair but she doesn’t seem to lose her patience or take her bad day out on me like the other one did. And so far I’m not having any transference with her unlike the last one. My new T randomly asked if I was ok during a session and I liked that she asked that. My old T would just assume I was anxious or having a hard time or was tired. Don’t get me wrong I still really miss the old one. But I’m starting to move on.

I did email my new one last Saturday and I explained that the move was getting to me and I was stressed. She replied on Tuesday morning and said to try to relax and engage my mind in other things. She apologized for not responding to my email sooner but she was out of the office. I know (for sure) that emails are a tricky thing so I’m trying and succeeding in rarely emailing her.

Last edited by Mountaindewed; May 15, 2021 at 10:58 AM..

Hugs from:
*Beth*, Anonymous41462, Sunflower123