View Single Post
Skeezyks
Disreputable Old Troll

Member Since Oct 2015
17.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Confused May 16, 2021 at 02:47 PM

Yesterday evening my spouse & I watched a free movie on YouTube (we've been doing this a lot lately.) The title was "All We Had". Here's a link to the movie just in case someone is interested in watching it:

All We Had | KATIE HOMES | Full Drama Movie | AWARD WINNING | English - YouTube

It got me thinking both about the mom in this film as well as about my own life. The mom in the film didn't have a mental health diagnosis. Mental health (or lack thereof) wasn't a part of the storyline. And I don't really have one either except for probably whatever the various mental health professionals I've seen over the years wrote down on some form so they could get paid by my health insurer. But, although the mom's life in the film and my life were entirely different, I felt as though we did have one big thing in common. And that was that neither of us was very good at "life"... at "doing adult" so to speak. So this, then, made me wonder if mental illness of one sort or another is always at the bottom of not being good at life... at doing adult... or if some of us are simply just life-challenged... not mentally ill... just less than competent when it comes to living adult lives. I don't know. Maybe I never did have a mental illness. Maybe I was just bad at doing the life thing. The sad part was that both in the movie as well as in my real life, others suffered as a result.

Hugs from:
Breaking Dawn, dzrtgirl, T4bbyCat, TunedOut

Thanks for this!
Breaking Dawn, TunedOut