View Single Post
NeedHelp104

Member Since May 2017
11 hugs
given
Default May 19, 2021 at 07:32 PM

I graduated with a straight-A average in College (3.91 GPA). To make a long story short, I was enrolled in a degree program and had to end up leaving because program director was altering my evaluations and making it a toxic environment. Because I had the necessary documentation to successfully win a court case, I was given a degree in a similar field to keep things quiet by a school administrator who believed my end of the case. Well, turns out the degree I was given is absolutely worthless and that everything I worked hard for means nothing. I ended up graduating top 5% of my class and I don't care because it isn't valued at all. Only job(s) I can afford to get requires at least a HS diploma and the degree I was given is nothing short of a 'stepping stone' major.

I am upset because I wasted my entire youth doing school. I had no friends. I had no social life. I developed no outside interests, because I learned to plug formulas in or always studying my entire life away. I am 24 and I have such regret that hopelessness weighs me down every day. I've never been on a date because I was too preoccupied with excelling in school that proved to not benefit me at all career-wise. People my age are dating, getting married, have semi-decent careers and I am nothing but a worthless failure.

Only options now are to apply for graduate school and go from there. Problem? More money = more debt = more school. At this point, I'm so over school that I don't want to go back and study more, have no life, and breathe and live school again. I want a job and get my life started. I might as well have never went to College because I'm not proud of myself at all.

Done with the vent. Just continued to be disappointed everyday. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy, because the feeling you worked (your life) for to only end up with nothing is absolutely the worst feeling in the world.
NeedHelp104 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*, Guiness187055, HALLIEBETH87, lovableball, MickeyCheeky, mote.of.soul, mssweatypalms, RoxanneToto, Turtle_Rider, unaluna, WovenGalaxy